Cancer Angels of San Diego Halo
Dotted Background

Frequently Asked Questions

Yellow Circle of Dots
Who do you help?

CASD helps people with Stage IV cancer.

If I donate money, will I receive a tax write-off?

Yes, we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and will provide a tax receipt for all donations.

Do you accept in-kind donations?

We accept gift cards (for any amount) for basic necessities as well as donations of some services. We do not accept food or any supplies such as unused medical equipment. For more information, please contact us

Can you help pay my medical bills?

Not directly. We do not pay medical or pharmaceutical expenses, but can provide financial aid for other types of bills.

What do you pay for?

Basic necessities including but not limited to groceries, utilities, rent/mortgage, and fuel.

Can I buy whatever I want at the grocery store?

We do not pay for alcohol, tobacco, phone cards, prescriptions, gift items, or non-caloric drinks (e.g. energy drinks).

Are alternative treatments and supplements considered basic necessities?

No, these are not considered basic necessities.

Does it matter what type of cancer I have?

Any person with Stage IV cancer is able to apply for financial aid.

Do you provide transportation?

No, but if a volunteer can drive you to treatment, we will help pay for the cost of fuel.

Do you have to be a resident of San Diego county?

Yes, we currently only accept San Diego County residents.

Do I have to be a U.S. citizen?

No, but you do have to be a legal resident of San Diego County. Everyone deserves our help and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, or religion.

How will the funds be delivered?

Checks are sent directly to providers for utilities, housing expenses, etc. We provide gift cards from local grocery stores and gas stations. You must save all purchase receipts.

Can you pay for childcare?

It depends on the situation and is assessed on a case-by-case basis.

Are other services provided?

Possibly, but this is on a case-by-case basis.

How do I apply?

Apply online or fill out and send an application via fax or U.S. mail; your social worker can help. Please be prepared to provide all backup documents and information at the time of applying (these are listed on the application).

Cancer Angels of San Diego Halo

Sign up for our Newsletter

Everyone knows someone affected by cancer. Help us by joining the Cancer Angels community. Thank you so much for your support. You're an angel.

You're Officially on the Angel List :)
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.